Tips on making the perfect pot of Chinese Tea. Teas in each category are unique. please use this is as a guide to match individual tastes.
|Tea Type||Oolong Tea|
|Water Temp °C/ °F||95°C / 203°F|
|Tea per 250 ml water (grams)||6g (1 heaping tsp)|
|1st Infusion Steep Time (seconds)||45 to 60 sec|
|+ Infusions (seconds)||+ 30 sec|
|Maximum No. of Infusions||3 to 4|
|Teapot Type Recommended||Terracotta or Porcelain|
- Always start by cleaning and washing the teapot with boiling water.
- Place the suggested amount of tealeaves in the warm pot and rinse tealeaves with hot water. This action brings out the initial flavour of tealeaves.
- Warm teacups with hot water.
- Never fill up a cup one at a time. Arrange the cups in a circle and pour the brew out in a continuous circular motion.
- In other words, pour a small amount of tea into each cup in a few rounds until they are full. This ensures the taste of the tea is perfectly balanced.