Tips on making the perfect pot of Chinese tea. Teas within each category are unique. please use this is as a guide to match individual tastes.
- Always start by cleaning and washing the tea pot with boiling water
- Place a generous pinch of tea leaves in the warm pot and rinse them with hot water. This action brings out the initial flavour of tea leaves
- Add hot water a second time, at the correct temperature
- Depending on the type of tea leaves, the amount of water used also varies
- Proper brewing time is essential
- Warm tea cups with hot water
- Never fill up a cup at a time. Arrange the cups in a circle and pour the brew out in a continuous circular motion.
- In other words, pour a small amount of tea into each cup in a few rounds until they are full. This ensures the taste of the tea is perfectly balanced.
View the detailed brewing guide for each tea category