In the midst of this Fall season, temperatures are dropping, our jackets are making their way out of the closets, and (unfortunately) that means that more people are catching the cold and flu. Hence, it really is the perfect time for find out about a new traditional tea.
Known for its soothing texture and medicinal properties, our Aged Wild Shou Mei is one tea that you want to keep in your cabinets during this cold and flu season.
White tea is known for its high antioxidant levels and ability to boost immune systems, and is highly treasured in traditional Chinese tea drinking. It is said that aged white tea has three levels of medicinal value:
- Year 1（一年茶）: the leaves serve as a smooth, delicious tea and is great in preventing sickness
- Year 3（三年药）: the leaves take on healing characteristics and are best to cure colds & flus
- Year 7（七年宝）: the leaves become a treasured specialty and becomes a highly medicinal beverage with complex flavours.
Our Aged Wild Shou Mei has been aged for 14 years so its medicinal benefits are ultra high.
This exclusive Treasure Green house blend combines the bold, full-bodied flavour of a wildly grown white tea with the velvety smooth texture of the 2012 Organic Snow Bud. Together, this tea is unlike any tea experience that you have tried before.
The highlight of this tea is its lingering sweetness and pronounced honey-tones that carry through many layers and infusions. You’ll find that the flavours of this tea will transition over time, with each brew becoming smoother and more complex. And because it is aged, the natural flavours of the tea are developed deep within the leaves so one tablespoon (4-5g) of this tea can easily last you over 10 brews.
Porcelain, glassware, or thin-layered terracotta are the most ideal materials to use for brewing a light tea such as this one. They both allow you to experience the brew visually because each brew will deliver a deeper amber colour.
- Use 5g of tea per 150ml, then brew each infusion for 40 seconds at 90C. Add 10 seconds to each brew after the 5th infusion.
- Purchase your Aged Wild Shou Mei here.